Master of Science in Educational Administration
Expand your professional options by cultivating your leadership skills and becoming an administrator! You can gain greater prestige, higher salary potential and new skills to shape careers and lives for years to come.
Master of Science: Educational Administration
Recognized nationally as an administrator preparation program, the Educational Administration offering consists of 13 required courses (39 credit hours), allowing you to complete the program in as little as 18 months. You’ll enhance your critical thinking abilities and develop new skills through collaborative discussion and practical exercises.
What you will learn
- Demonstrate effective techniques for staff supervision and development
- Integrate local, state and national law, directives and education policies
- Manage facilities and equipment
- Execute financial responsibilities
- Organize instruction, students and staff
To gain experience applying your master’s-level knowledge to today’s school environment, you will be required to complete two 150-hour practicums – one in elementary education and one at the secondary level. Each practicum includes:
- Customized task plans
- Execution of high-level administrative tasks ranging from developing budgets to chairing community organizations
- Extensive feedback
- The option for principal certification through faculty site visits
The faculty site visit option is designed to verify your performance, consider the administrative supervisor’s perspective and provide constructive behavioral feedback regarding your ability to be successful as a school principal. Under certain circumstances, those who request the faculty site visit may be recommended for principal licensure in Pennsylvania. Such a recommendation may be applicable to meeting criteria for principal licensure in other states.